The School Board plays an important role in contributing to good school governance so that school resources are used efficiently, and community expectations and the school’s priorities reflect the needs of students. The School Board takes part in:
- establishing and reviewing from time to time, the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- planning financial arrangements necessary to fund those objectives, priorities and directions;
- evaluating the school’s performance in achieving those objectives, priorities and directions;
- formulating codes of conduct for students at the school;
- taking part in the selection of, but not the appointment of, the school principal or any other member of the teaching staff if prior approval is given by the Regional Executive Director.
The School Board Approves:
- a charge or contribution determined by the principal for the provision of materials, services and facilities;
At Nannup DHS, the Board includes the school principal, two other staff members, three parent representatives, and one or more community members. In 2023, the School Board chair is a parent member, Mr M O'Callaghan. The School Board meets twice per term throughout the year, and meetings are open for parents or staff members who wish to come along to observe proceedings.
School Board meetings for 2023, held in the school library from 3.30pm usually in weeks 2 and 7 of term.
Information about School Boards- https://www.education.wa.edu.au/school-councils-boards